Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Best Veggies to Eat

During the main, strict portion of my plan I was very limited on the vegetables I could eat. Let me share the list with you:

Lettuce (darker leafed forms of lettuce is best)
Spinach
Onions
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Celery
Red radishes
Cabbage
Fennel
Asparagus
Chard
Chicory
Beet-greens

I listed the fully available vegetables, but I didn't personally like all those listed so for my 7 weeks of strict dieting, I was limited to lettuce, spinach, onions, cucumbers and celery. I had radishes once, but they're just not that exciting to me. :)

So, how much can/should you eat? Well, it was suggested that you eat one handful of one vegetable for lunch and one handful for supper. It has been suggested that you can eat larger quantities than one handful, if needed, of this list since they are lower in caloric value.

It is best to not have the same exact meal for lunch and supper in the same day. So, if you have beef and onions for lunch, then try to have chicken and lettuce or some other vegetable other than onion for supper.

So, go now and enjoy some great vegetables that are also good for you and your weight loss effort!

No comments: