Thursday, August 7, 2008

Grapefruits Help with Weight Loss!


Grapefruits are beneficial to quicker weight loss in the plan I've been following this past year. During the weeks that I was very limited in what I could eat, I needed to eat 1 grapefruit per day. Of course, not being a great fan of grapefruits, I sort of got burned out from eating them every day for 7 weeks, so I then started eating other fruits instead of grapefruit. However, my total weight loss per week started to slow down and I firmly believe it was partially attributed to the lack of grapefruit in my diet.

A great benefit of adding grapefruit to your diet is that researchers believe grapefruit reduces insulin levels, which help with weight loss. A high level of insulin indicates your body is not utilizing sugar for energy and the excess sugar can be converted and stored as fat on your body. High levels of insulin can also make people feel hungry even though they just ate! Studies indicate the consumption of grapefruit helps to lower the insulin levels, allowing the body to more effectively burn energy, increase the metabolic rate, and give us the feeling of being full.

So, add 1-2 grapefruits per day to your diet plan and enjoy a quicker metabolism and less hunger pangs!

Click here for a great fat loss plan!

No comments: